Thursday 11 October 2012

my creative space - sewing machine

sewing machinesewing machinesewing machine

I have been making up for lost time this week, sewing some cushions I've been meaning to sew for a month and finishing some other special pieces to go into the shop next week. I promised an update and a sale ages ago and I am finally getting organised to follow through. It is Flower Press's fifth birthday soon too so I want to celebrate that as well!!

When in the process of cutting fabric fate delivered a pillowcase sized offcut on my cutting board I also whipped up this lego pillowcase for Mr Flowerpress who has mentioned a couple of times that he was the only family member not to have a bespoke pillowcase. He loves it and I was reminded how quick and easy my pillowcase tutorial really is. I'm thinking of making more for Christmas presents. Wouldn't they make the perfect reusable wrapping for presents. Christmas stockings in our family come traditionally in pillowcases, so it seems quite apt.

9 comments :

  1. Wow - you've been really busy!
    I am definitely going to try some pillow cases one day!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillow cases for Christmas here at our house too.
    Love your cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy sleeping on bespoke pillowcases myself...good idea for Christmas, it's right around the corner now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm... bespoke pillow cases... great christmas gift idea! Love the sewing going on and the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulously bringht and cheerful blog you have! I'm so pleased that I stuumbled upon it as I was wandering around the blogosphere. :-)
    I'll definitely be visiting as often as I can from now on, for more colour and inspiration.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea! I haven't even begun to think about Xmas yet! Loving your beautiful cushions Susie :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! I've been thinking of christmas, but yet to do anything about it..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Bookmarked the tute! I think I will have to get rid of some stash with a few pilow cases!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)