Friday 29 May 2009

taking the plunge


OK, I'm going to do it! I bought a rotary cutter, a special quilting ruler and a BIG quick unpick! I also got a beginners quilting book which shows the right way to fold and cut, how to press, how to join, what equipment to use. I couldn't seem to find this beginner's info online in such detail so its been fascinating.

And what a fabulous excuse to buy lots of little pieces of fabric! That's the secret, isn' it! I've already ordered two lots from different places online! I better stop now and use what I have.

My plan is a very simple square design with lots of white. I've seen some lovely ones online.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing on the weekend :-)

6 comments :

  1. New tools are always fun. You will love quilting. There are so many possibilities. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo I made my first quilt a few weeks back and I really struggled with some of it as I don't really sew and I'd never made one before. Can you put the details of the book up for us? I'd like to make another one but with instructions this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and good luck! You'll love that rotary cutter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, love new tools!
    How neat is that rotary cutter.
    Jacqui I'll post the details of the book next week, and a look at some of my first squares. And one other thing that will make your life much easier, if you are a novice sewer like me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck - excited to see what you do! I can't seem to get the hang of the rotary cutter, no idea what I'm doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, always wanted to have ago myself but never quite got round to it, oh and I'm also rubbish at sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)