Tuesday 14 October 2008

vegie bed

I've been wanting to make a raised vegie bed down the side of our house for a while now. The flowers seem to have taken over out the back (whoops!) and the side of our house is north facing and gets wonderful full sun all day. It is just wide enough to fit in a large wooden planter and thats what I've had my heart set on.
A few months ago J milled some timber with a friend who has a mill. He's been wondering what to do with it because it was quite 'rustic'. So I was so pleased and surprised when I came out the other day and he'd made these beds.
Here they are filled up with soil. We did it last night in the sudden heat but today there is a light drizzle so hopefully it is seeping down in to the new soil. I have lettuce seeds I collected last year in a seedling tray, and high hopes!
To be continued...

2 comments :

  1. Just what I was looking for! We've taken an old cupboard apart, and the 'lumber' is being 'stored' in the lounge at the moment... but now I can show these pics to the designated carpenter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope the designated carpenter didn't have anything else planned :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting :-)